As of January 2016, we currently offer 2 types of membership: Adult and Youth(aged 16,17 or 18 only). Both memberships are the same price. Our policies on when and where Juniors can row will be published soon. We are working on developing policies that keep all of our rowers safe while they enjoy the Salish Sea.
SSCR club is a full member of Rowing Canada Aviron and the Jericho Sailing Centre. Therefore all rowers will be required to register with RCA AND become a member of JSCA before becoming a member of SSCR.
You will need to be a member of 3 organizations before you can enjoy the Salish Sea Rowing Club fleet and programs;
- Join Rowing Canada Aviron (online annual membership)
- Join the Salish Sea Rowing Coastal Rowing Club (online at the same time when you join RCA). Or you can pay by cheque delivered c/o Jericho Sailing Centre, after you join RCA.
- and then Join Jericho Sailing Centre (pay by phone or drop by the office at 1300 Discovery St. Vancouver).
The entire registration system is a 3 step process…
STEP 1 – RCA WEB REGISTRATION:
Step 1 is to register online with Rowing Canada WebReg
- Register online through the Rowing Canada Aviron Web Registration System (WRS) by clicking this link.
- Select British Columbia and Salish Sea Coastal Rowing Club from the drop-down menus.
- Find the program you want to register for, and click ‘join’ on the right hand side.
- New users must now create an account by clicking ‘Create account now” (*if you have an existing account set up, log in using your RCA username and password).
- You will also have the option to pay online for the program of joining the Salish Sea club. This is the easiest way to join Salish Sea. If you do not do this, please see Step 3 to pay by cheque.
- Adults will be prompted to accept the Waiver and Code of Conduct online. Youth must submit hard copy forms (See Step 2). A hard copy of the waiver form is available here.
STEP 2 – FORMS + PAPERWORK:
- If you are registering as a Youth, please submit this youth waiver form at your first session, or drop it off in advance.
- If you are registering as an adult, please submit the following medical forms – maximum of once per year.
STEP 3 – PAYMENT:
- When registering online with WebReg you will have the option to pay online by clicking “Pay by Peloton” to pay your membership in RCA. You have now joined RCA and applied to join SSCRC. You will still need to make payment to Salish Sea Coastal Rowing Club. You can do this online at the same time.
CHEQUE, CREDIT, DEBIT
- If you would prefer not pay online, then you can pay by cheque (made out to: Salish Sea Coastal Rowing Club). Drop your cheque off at the Jericho Sailing Centre or mail it to Salish Sea Coastal Rowing Club c/o Jericho Sailing Club